Grand Opening Ceremony
Dear Friends of the School,
This is a particularly happy day.
After almost two years of preparation, we are finally opening the first Italian international kindergarten in Hong Kong.
Let me remind you of a few points:
- Is non-profit
- Has pure cultural & educational purposes
- Has been conceived to offer the best in early childhood education
- Is based on the modern Italian pedagogical tradition (“the Reggio Children approach”)
- And it is aimed to respect and integrate the best cultural elements of Hong Kong, a truly international society
- Is composed of young and highly qualified teachers (most of them have a Master’s Degree) who are native speakers of Italian, English, Putonghua and Cantonese
Our target teacher/pupil ratio is 1:9
In brief, our students will be exposed to an advanced pedagogical system, which blends different cultures and will be taught by professional and dedicated teachers:
We trust our children will expand their knowledge, become more open-minded, smarter and ready to master the transition to other educational systems without any difficulty.
I would like to express my gratitude for their help and support to:
- The Ambassador of Italy, Ettore Sequi
- The Consul General of Italy, Clemente Contestabile, and his Deputy, Giorgia Norfo
- Mariassunta Peci, who has drawn the basic lines of the project
- Claudia Giudici, President of Reggio Children
- Miss Giulia Ziggiotti, our Executive Director
- And to all the school team led by our principal Azalea Wong.
Last but not least, I would like to give special thanks to all the Hong Kong Authorities, particularly to the Education Bureau, who have paid special attention to our project!
School Founder and Supervisor, Italian International Kindergarten
President, Sapientia (H.K.) Limited